The main feature of 3D milling is that the tool can be moved using 3 axes simultaneously on the part. In order to create these operations in SprutCAM, you need to have a 3D model of the Part. Effective machining programming using models from any CAD system.
- High quality machining
- Minimise tooling costs
- Reduced CNC programming times
- Reduced machining times
- Collision avoidance
SprutCAM has a wide variety of strategies for standard as well as hi-speed milling of 3D parts.
The possibility to form the toolpath taking into account the scallop’s height permanency permits to obtain a surface of the desired cleanness and quality.
Reduced labour costs thanks to the automatic detection and machining of the remaining material.
The function of the flat tool path forming permits to avoid hard modes of the machine functioning and will considerably prolong your equipment’s longevity.
SprutCAM functions based on solid models, surfaces, meshes and curves. For every geometrical object or group of objects there can be set an additional allowance.
- Waterline roughing (constant Z level roughing)
- Plane roughing (angle set relative to the X axis)
- Drive roughing (along or across curves)
- Layer by layer selection (of the round wells, according to the spiral of Archimedes)
- Area selection with limiting by the minimum radius of the tool path curvature and trochoidal cutting in.
- Waterline finishing (constant Z level finishing)
- Flatland finishing (easy finishing of flat faces)
- Plane finishing (angle set relative to the X axis)
- Drive finishing (along or across curves)
- Complex finishing (optimised machining for shallow and steep areas)
- Optimised Plane finishing (optimised machining based on the surface slope directon)
- Three-dimensional finishing (optimization according to a set scallop size)
- Waterline rough and finish (layer by layer machining with equidistant machining of flat areas)
- Machining of 3D curve
- Engraving (includes allow 3D; carve engraving)
In this operation, the tool path can be copied with flexible parameters.